Toxic Molds

The majority of the time, mold allergies result in little more than a runny or stuffed up nose, itchy eyes and throat and sneezes. This is because most allergy causing molds are fairly innocuous. But occasionally, a stuffed up nose turns into something much more serious. This happens when the mold surrounding you contains secondary metabolites called mycotoxins. These invisible floating toxins are deadly and can cause:

  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic Mental deficiencies
  • Heart problems
  • Cancer
  • Lupus
  • Bleeding lungs
  • Many other diseases and disorders

If Toxic Molds Are Detected

Although you can never be completely sure of the presence of toxic molds without the help of a professional, these molds tend to appear under certain conditions in the home. All molds grow in wet or moist areas with minimal sunlight. The most common area for toxic molds to grow is within damaged, wet sheetrock or roofing.

If you have a leak in your house or a basement or attic that tends to collect water, you are in danger of toxic mold exposure and should immediately have your home tested. If dangerous molds are detected, the infected parts of the house should be completely removed before any repairs take place.

If you are a renter, your landlord has a legal obligation to protect you from toxic molds. A rental home should be routinely checked for any danger signs.

Contact Us

If you or a loved one has been hurt by toxic mold exposure due to the negligence of another person, you may be able to collect damages. Contact the Sheboygan personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at (920) 459-8000.