In Houston, Texas, over 40 people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning or burns caused by generators. The use of gas powered generators can produce a great deal of carbon monoxide, and when used in an enclosed or partially enclosed spaces like garages, sheds or basements, can easily build up to dangerous levels.
In Houston, Hurricane Ike led people to use their generators incorrectly, injuring more than 40 people, and killing a 4 year old boy. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a serious problem that can be difficult to detect. Symptoms may mimic the flu and may cause headache, nausea, and sleepiness.
If you or anyone you know has been a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning or generator burns, call the Sheboygan personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 866.888.3620.