Space heaters provide a cheap, convenient, and efficient way of adding a little extra warmth to rooms and households across the country. Traditionally, most of these appliances of this nature were bulky, gas-powered contraptions. These days, they are mostly electric, and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate all situations.
As useful as they may be, space heaters are not without their fair share of potential dangers. Apart from the typical appliance concerns of electrical fires sparked by cord problems, space heaters have been known to result in devastating and costly house fires when they malfunction or are placed near flammable objects. In fact, it has been estimated that these blazes are responsible for nearly one hundred deaths across the country every year, and losses over several hundred thousand dollars are not uncommon to unfortunate homeowners.
If you think a space heater is the right choice for your family, or if you already own one, be sure to follow these basic safety tips when using the appliance:
If you or a loved one has been affected by a house fire that you believe was the result of a faulty space heater, you deserve to see justice served. Contact the experienced team of Sheboygan house fire attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® today by calling (920) 459-8000.