Millions of alcohol wipes and swabs have been recalled due to contamination. The wipes, which are used in hospitals and homes, were found to contain a bacteria called Bacillus cereus, which could cause infections that are life-threatening.
It is suspected that the death of a two year-old girl may have been caused by the alcohol wipes, as well as an infection suffered by a fifty-five year-old man that required him to have open-heart surgery. Officials are still investigating these cases.
This is not the first time this company has been under fire from the FDA. Reports have been released that say factory employees often work without gloves and that pipes that are used in the manufacturing of mouthwash are contaminated as well.
If you or someone you love has suffered an infection due to a contaminated medical product, please contact the Sheboygan defective medical product lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.