The mother of a 22-month-old boy who died in 2008 has been awarded $1.5 million from a court which found the boy's daycare to have been negligent in his death.
While in the care of workers at the Lambuth Memorial Preschool in December 2008, the boy choked on a piece of peach and died. The mother of the boy filed a lawsuit against the preschool, claiming that the school's employees did not pay attention to her son as he was eating. Daycare guidelines set by the Department of Human Services states that children who are eating must be in direct site of a care giver and that there must be at least one care giver for every six children. Witnesses in the case testified that the preschool did not follow these guidelines.
It is not clear if the preschool will file an appeal, however, they did express remorse for the terrible accident.
If someone you love has died because of the negligence of others, please contact the Sheboygan wrongful death attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874.